An easy, discreet way to align your teeth.
Invisalign offers a proven approach to straightening teeth without painful or embarrassing wires and brackets. It uses innovative technology and custom aligners to gently and discreetly move your teeth and transform your smile.
Work with us to straighten your smile. Schedule an appointment with Dr. Borrello today!
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a method for straightening crooked teeth.
It is a discreet alternative to traditional braces that uses innovative, clear aligners that are professionally fitted to your teeth. They slowly shift the position of your teeth, helping straighten and even out your smile.
You get a straighter smile and the health benefits of teeth that are easier to care for.
How Does It Work?
Invisalign is a complete treatment program. It starts with a consultation to determine if this approach is right for you.
Treatment begins with x-rays, pictures, and impressions of your teeth. Innovative Invisalign technology helps us create digital, 3-D images of your smile. These images will help you see how your teeth will move, and how great they will look when the program is completed.
During the program you’ll wear progressive sets of aligners that move the teeth. These aligners are worn for most of the day and night, but are taken out for eating and oral care.
Is Invisalign Right for Me?
Invisalign can work for teenagers and adults with all their adult teeth who can follow a treatment plan provided by Dr. Borrello. Not complying with the prescribed plan may compromise treatment success.
The aligners can be used to correct the following dental concerns:
- Overly crowded teeth: When there is not enough room in the jaw for all of the teeth to fit comfortably or normally.
- Spaced teeth: This usually occurs due to abnormal growth of the jaw bone. It can also be caused by missing teeth and the remaining teeth shifting due to the extra space. Spaced teeth can lead to other oral health problems such as increased risk of gum disease.
- Overbite/overjet: When the upper teeth bite over the lower teeth. This can be caused by genetics, poor oral health habits, or overdevelopment of the bone that supports the teeth. Left untreated, it can lead to gum disease and chipped or fractured front teeth.
- Crossbite: When the upper and lower jaws are misaligned, causing one or more upper teeth to bite on the inside of the lower teeth, on either the front and/or sides of the mouth.
- Underbite: Underbite is when the lower teeth protrude past the front teeth. It is commonly caused by undergrowth of the upper jaw, overgrowth of the lower jaw, or both.
- Mild relapse: After traditional braces have been removed some relapsing tooth movement may occur.
Want to get started? Schedule an appointment with Dr. Borrello today!
Or give us a call (203) 744-0033